Thursday, August 21, 2008

OBITUARY - YM TUNKU ABDULLAH IBNI ALMARHUM TUANKU ABDUL RAHMAN

7btc
As posted by Dr. Mahathir Mohamad at www.chedet.com on August 20, 2008 5:35 PM

1. Today is a sad day for me. Today I lost a very good friend.

2. Tunku Abdullah was a member of Parliament in 1964 when I first met him. He was a gregarious person and it was easy to become his friend even after knowing him only a short while.

3. He was a very loyal friend too. When I was expelled from UMNO in 1969 he did not stay away from me as many people did. When I came to Kuala Lumpur three days after race riots broke out, he was at the Railway Station waiting for me with his car, despite rumors I was going to be arrested. The police were there in full force. But I was not arrested. I went off to Tunku's house.

4. I rejoined UMNO through his division in Kluang. But that route was not acceptable to UMNO.

5. He was a man of the people and got on well with his constituency people. At the same time he was close to Tunku Abdul Rahman, the Prime Minister and to Tun Razak.

6. He lived life fully. I do not think we will find people like him any more.

7. I feel much saddened by his passing. I have lost a good and loyal friend.

8. May Allah s.w.t shower his blessing on his soul.