As posted by Dr. Mahathir Mohamad at Che Det on December 08, 2014
1. The United States assumes that it is the greatest democracy in the world and is in a position to tell others what is right and what is wrong and what they should do and what they should not do. On this assumption Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States chastised Malaysia for retaining the Sedition Act and the trial of Anwar Ibrahim.
2. Who is Joe Biden to take the moral high ground?
3. Being the Vice President of a country that detains people without trial for more than a decade, torturing them while in detention; a country where torture is legal, a country which has no qualms about invading other countries, killing millions of innocent people, destroying towns and villages, leaving them without electricity, water supply and sewerage systems; what right has Biden to condemn the retaining of a law to prevent racial conflicts and violence in Malaysia.
4. Today the United States is engaged in assassinating people opposed to America. Malaysia used to detain people without trial. But the United States passes death sentences without trial, without the knowledge of the victims even. Then drones are sent to kill the designated victims. The judgements and death sentence are not made in a court of law. They are made by officials. These people appoint themselves as judges, prosecutors and executioners. This is justice as practiced by America.
5. And America dares to claim that it is doing all these to protect democracy. What democracy is there for the innocent people killed, wounded and maimed for life? Wherever the United States goes there would be deaths and destructions.
6. In the United States itself there is no justice. Within a short space of time police shot and strangled three blacks. The grand jury then says that there is no case for the police killers to answer.
7. Arrogantly one white American official says the victims were killed because they resisted arrest. I saw the picture of a black raising up both hands. Is it how Americans resist arrest. The black teenager had no arms but was shot dead. A 12 year old boy had a toy gun. He too was shot dead.
8. Then of course there is this condemnation of the legal action taken against America’s candidate for Prime Ministership of Malaysia. The Malaysian courts have been extra lenient, taking more than five years, listening to appeals after appeals with nearly 30 postponements. In America a grand jury (whatever that may mean) decide not to indict and the criminal is free. Where is due process?
9. America is a land stolen from the Red Indians through genocide. Americans should really bow their heads down in shame forever.
10. Just don’t go around telling people how to behave and what they should not do. Tell it to your own people, about how Americans prosper through slavery, through discrimination against blacks and Hispanics, about spying on your own people, about your controlled media etc. That is what Joe Biden should do.