As posted by Dr. Mahathir Mohamad at Che Det on November 24, 2013
Love Conquers All
1. Two reports in the local papers attracted my attention. They are about love – the irresistible emotion which drives us to do great things.
2. Remember Romeo and Juliet. Their love for each other is as well remembered today as at the time of William Shakespeare.
3. Fans of Hindustani films will never forget the love story of Laila and Majnun. In Malay history there are many love affairs.
4. The first article which attracted my attention is the question by a man as to why he cannot marry the man he loves. Marriage is of course about lovers marrying each other.
5. It has nothing to do about procreation of the species by man and woman. If a woman loves a woman, that is enough for them to marry. And the same when a man marries a man.
6. Imagine when this becomes the culture and practice of the human race. We will not need family planning; no condoms, no birth-control pills and no human race before the century is out. Man’s will be done.
7. Another report on love caught my eye. It’s about a daughter’s love for her father. She had been having sex with her father willingly for the past three years. So she asks why cannot she have sex with someone she loves. Yes. Why not?
8. There is nothing wrong physiologically? She may have a child by her father. So what! Goats and cows mate with their fathers and grandfathers.
9. The scientists talk about passing on the bad genes. Religious people and narrow-minded moralists simply forbid such relations. But today we believe in freedom and human rights. And of course free love. Why should we be restricted in any way.
10. But why restrict to daughters who love their fathers. What about sons who love their mothers. Then there are sisters who love their brothers vice-versa, nieces who love their uncles vice-versa and nephews who love their aunties. They all should be entitled to sexual relations.
11. But love does not stop there. People love pets. They love cats and dogs and horses. Should bestiality also be part of love.
12. It would be a great world with everybody loving everybody else. It would make a great civilisation based on endless love.
13. Love I think is the most noble of human emotions. It is something that can be felt but never truly described.
14. But today love simply means having sex. And that is all there is to it.
15. I am no romantic. But still I feel the people today, especially the young are missing something.